- The Podcast
- EMS / Pre-Hospital
- Med / Primary Care
Generation Medicine: A New Generation Meets Medicine…Rebels with a cause tackling top issues in healthcare.
Generation Medicine was founded in mid-November 2009 through an idea from our very own Natalie Quebodeaux, some technical know-how from Scott, motivation from Meris and quickly took off from there.
“GenMed” is the collaborative effort of five individuals with one similar goal in mind: To improve (and help revamp, where necessary) the medical system (including pre-hospital) from a “ground up” approach, using the strengths and perspectives of the younger, and new generation of health care workers.
As the “young blood” in the field, we feel that it is our job to carry out the high expectations set forth by the more seasoned professionals before us. Looking at the larger picture, our basic mission is to:
- Discuss important current and upcoming issues in healthcare
- Help bring out the voices of the younger generation that is moving and settling into the field
- Build a scaffolding support network between students, staff, preceptors, and mentors
- Share learning and teaching resources for the students and preceptors
- Promote working in the health field to a younger and new generation of new professionals
We tackle a wide variety of issues in our episodes, ranging from current events in medicine, advice, and even more controversial topics that some of us face. We love receiving feedback, commentary, and suggestions from you. YOU are the true voice of GenMed…we are your outlet.
We can be contacted in any number of ways:
W. “Random” Ward–
Thanks for stopping by! We hope to hear from you soon!